New recipes with first acceleration/ possible ricing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigglergal

Reaction score
Anyone else start soaping and wish they could just soap the day away or is it just me? Tried a new beginner recipe using different oils an fragrences one did fabulous the other not so well but i am blaming myself as i switched a few things up and didnt read the notes on the fragrence oil... one pretty one ehhh in my opinion

Attachments

• 20201205_121542.jpg
    20201205_121542.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 19
A good reason to check the reviews on FOs.:) Your soap may surprise you when it is cut; it may turn out better than you expect.

Yes, but if I do, I pay for it with at least 48 hours of back pain. I need lots of breaks from standing, and tend to overdo it sometimes.

Hope to see the cut bars soon. The colors look pleasant. Which FO's did you use?

Tried a new beginner recipe using different oils an fragrences one did fabulous the other not so well but i am blaming myself as i switched a few things up and didnt read the notes on the fragrence oil...

Rule #1: If you change your oils/butters in a recipe, you MUST run your recipe through a Soap Calculator. Every oil and butter has its own saponification value...the amount of lye it takes to turn that oil or butter into soap.

Rule #2: ALWAYS wear eye protection.

Rule #3: Always check the "reviews" when going with a new scent or colorant, but note that results may vary depending on recipe.

Yes, but if I do, I pay for it with at least 48 hours of back pain. I need lots of breaks from standing, and tend to overdo it sometimes.

Hope to see the cut bars soon. The colors look pleasant. Which FO's did you use?
I used black licorice (i am one of the odd balls that love that scent) the one i had issues with was childrens room supposed to smell like mr bubbles (did not lol ). I will post once i get them cut.

Anyone else start soaping and wish they could just soap the day away or is it just me? Tried a new beginner recipe using different oils an fragrences one did fabulous the other not so well but i am blaming myself as i switched a few things up and didnt read the notes on the fragrence oil... one pretty one ehhh in my opinion

The great sinking soap!
Looks better than i thought.. the pther loaf is still to wet to cut.

Attachments

• 20201206_165521.jpg
    20201206_165521.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 9
Back