New here!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerye

Reaction score
Hello!
I am so glad I found this forum!!! I have read lots of great information so far!
I made a batch of soap, oh, I'd say 12 years ago. I have no idea why I didn't keep making it, lol!
I have been buying homemade soaps for over a year now, I won't use anything else, and I just got the bug to start making my own!
I'm trying to start out as simple as possible, but my favorite soap for myself is oatmeal/lavender. I am also interested in making a general utility soap for hand use in the kitchen.
My biggest problem is being limited to where I can buy supplies. I am about to order lye from DudaDiesel but am hoping to find the oils etc. locally.
Kerye

Hi Kerye ,
Welcome to the forum and to soap making. You can find oils at your grocery store or walmart .You don't need many to make soap , coconut , olive oil , crisco , lard , palm oil. Plain olive oil makes a great soap .The dollar stores are great sources for tools stainless spoons , spatulas etc , wal mart for a stick blender unless you already have one .

Happy soaping

Kitn

Back