Nettle and green clay?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddyfrances

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone made a French green clay and nettle powder soap?

I've made a clay one and its really nice but I've not put the two together.
I'm waiting for my nettle powder to arrive so I can't try it just yet.

Your advice/thoughts would be great.
Thanks.

I too like French green clay in soap, but have never used nettle. Are you going to just use the powder, just as it is, in your soap or infuse oil with the nettle powder? Let us know how it turns out.

I've mixed the two and it works nice. I've also mixed green clay with dandelion, burdock and moringa leaf powder. I have had no issues with any of those mixes.

May I ask what it is about Nettle leaf that makes it a good soap ingredient?

I've used nettle leaf infusion, and Im sorry to say you could barely notice the green after it cured - just a super light mint green. Perhaps I didn't use enough, even though it was plenty green in the batter. I did also mix it with French green clay and that turned out nicely, but I can't say the nettle leaf infusion added much. If I were to try again, I would either use a lot more of the nettle infused oil (well infused - over hot water and then cool a week shaking daily), and perhaps adding some fine powder.

I read that nettle powder added can help with cleansing for oily skin so I thought it might go well with the green clay.
I'm going to add the powder rather than do an infusion.
I wish my order would hurry up and arrive so I can have a go with it.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Many thanks for your responses.

Back