neem oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilee

Reaction score
i heard neem was anti this and anti that, and good for skin with eczema, psoriasis etc, so I"ve bought some with the intention of using a reasonable portion in my gm cp soap.

questions: it kinda stinks. is this normal, and does the stink remain in the finished soap?

I would probably use about 4 oz in a 3p 4oz batch of oils, made up of coconut, palm, olive etc.... Does this sound about what anyone else might use?

If the stink did show up in the end result soap, can anyone recommend a good eo I could use to disguise it? i was thinking maybe tea tree, as this would go along with all the anti stuff.......

I've never used it in soap, I think it is more beneficial in a leave on product than a washaway product. I've made a salve using neem at 5%, also included emu oil and hazelnut oil scented it with teatree and lavender eo
Etelka

yes, the stink stays. I kinda like it though - it'll grow on ya.

and it does seem to provide some benefit in soap - I use it in my acne soap

carebear said:
yes, the stink stays. I kinda like it though - it'll grow on ya.

and it does seem to provide some benefit in soap - I use it in my acne soap

haha ok how long do i need to work with this stuff for it to grow on me... been like 4 years now... help! :shock: started using it for plants to repel insects and got some on my fingers.... hand stankfinger for the next week...ugggh... needless to say it helps when you bite your nails..tastes pretty nasty. but its good stuff!

part of the reason the smell lasts through to your finished soap is because it has many unsaponifiable elements and nutrients ...good stuff....

Back