Need recommendation for Purple color for CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarisaJensen

Reaction score
Hello.

I've struggled to find a good vibrant purple that doesn't make my soap batter smell like ammonia or turn to a completely different color (usually very very ugly color).

I've used:

• TKB- Magic Violet (morphed to an ugly dirty gray color)
    An Ultramarine Violet with a red undertone.

Cosmetic Grade.
    USA approved for use: Eyes, Face, NOT Lips.
    EU approved for use: Lips, Eyes, Face.
    Recommended for nail polish (pre-wet with alcohol) and soap making (stable and non-bleeding)I don't agree that it's a stable color
    655.jpg

655_3.jpg

• Crafters Choice- Matte Lavender Ultramarine (Morphed to a different color)
Product pH: Color will not change in products with a high pH. Again, my mistake for not reading the product details.
434-Crafters-Choice-Matte-Lavender-Pigment-Powder-1.jpg

I haven't found anything that is bright and actually purple when the soap cures. Does anyone know of a supplier that carries a bright purple that works good for CP?

Last edited:
I've also used....

• TKB- African Violet (also morphed)
Use in Soap: Stable and Non-bleeding I don't agree that this is a stable color
1736.jpg

• Crafters Choice- Matte Purple Pigment (Smells like ammonia and morphed in color)
Product pH: Color will change in products with a high pH. I should have read this on the website.
8910-Crafters-Choice-Matte-Purple-Pigment-Powder-1.jpg

I have been very happy with Nurture Purple Vibrance and also their Wisteria. To save on cost I sometimes mix The Conservatorie Violet with a little TD and a little Purple Vibrance; for a teaspoon I would use 3/4 of the Violet and the other two to make up the difference. This is a nice lavender not a dark purple. The Purple Vibrance is a beautiful dark Purple.

I have been very happy with Nurture Purple Vibrance and also their Wisteria. To save on cost I sometimes mix The Conservatorie Violet with a little TD and a little Purple Vibrance; for a teaspoon I would use 3/4 of the Violet and the other two to make up the difference. This is a nice lavender not a dark purple. The Purple Vibrance is a beautiful dark Purple.

Thank you so much! I will check it out.

I use a couple of different purples.

The purple swirls in this soap were made using WSP's Ultra Marine Violet and a bit of activated charcoal:
IMG_0207PassionFruitGuava2011B640.JPG

The purple swirls in this soap were made using equal amounts of Brambleberry's Fired Up Fuschia and Ultraviolet Blue powdered pigments:
IMG_0008OldCameraResizedBlackberrySage640.JPG

The puple swirls in this soap were made using the same color combo as above, but with some activated charcoal added to deepen the shade:
IMG_2460HolidaySparkleCroppedResized640.JPG

The purple swirls in this soap were made with WSP's Ultramarine Violet and a little bit of TD:
IMG_0514Large500.jpg

To be continued......

Last edited:
............. The purple in this one is from a mixture of Brambleberry's Ultraviolet blue and a little activated charcoal that was mixed in with some of my plain batter colored with TD:
IMG_0547KentishRainGlycerinRivers640.JPG

And the purple swirls in this one were made with just WSP's Ultramarine Violet in a 100% coconut oil soap):
IMG_5571Pomegranate640.JPG

I find that the trick to getting a good purple from Ultramarine Violet is to use double the amount you think you need.

None of these soaps bleed any purple, by the way.

IrishLass :)

Last edited:
mixing ultramarine violet and some ultramarine blue gives me quite a decent purple (with slight blue undertone). this mica also gives me purple, but you got to use quite a lot, otherwise it's grayish.

lavender new 4.jpg

There are some gorgeous purples here!

I have always found the best way to get purple (before I read this thread, that is) is to use some TD, to give a true purple. Otherwise it always ends up greyish.

The puple swirls in this soap were made using the same color combo as above, but with some activated charcoal added to deepen the shade:
IMG_2460HolidaySparkleCroppedResized640.JPG

To be continued......

WOW

mixing ultramarine violet and some ultramarine blue gives me quite a decent purple (with slight blue undertone). this mica also gives me purple, but you got to use quite a lot, otherwise it's grayish.

WOW again

I always put a little pop of ultramarine blue to deepen or hot pink if I want it brighter. Last night I used nurtures purple vibrance with no adjusting and it turned out awesome!

I use the purple vibrance mica from Nurture Soap Supplies. I have also used violet ultramarine with good results.

These are the vibrance mica. The darker purple had a bit of activated charcoal added.

Wow!!! Beautiful soaps!

Back