Need help with small details on soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t b

Reaction score
For some reason, my small details in different colors are not staying on. For example, I made snowflakes that I made the flakes in one color and then the rest in a different color. When I popped it out of the mold, the snowflake stayed in the mold while the rest of it came right out. It happened with about 3 other different molds as well. Same thing whether I used alcohol or not. Not sure if I used too much alcohol or what's going on. I could really use some advice on this.

Wow, I'm stumped if you sprayed the snowflakes with alcohol. Too much alcohol wouldn't do that, it would only make the soap thin until the alcohol evaporates. Did you spray the snowflakes with alcohol before they were fully set? It will adhere better if the snowflakes are still a little soft.

Thanks, I think that might be the problem. I waited until they were completely dry. I'll try spraying & putting on the new layer before they're completely set. I've just started doing the small detail work and never knew about the alcohol until very recently. Definitely helps!

Latest posts

Back