Need advice with adding scent to whipped body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenns89

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the group and making body butter. I searched the thread for my question but did not find an answer. I want to know how to add scent to my whipped body butter? Every time I add essential oils the natural cocoa butter smell over powers any scent I add and the body butter smells like chocolate. I bought the unrefined one. Is unscented cocoa butter sold?

Hello I'm new to the group and making body butter. I searched the thread for my question but did not find an answer. I want to know how to add scent to my whipped body butter? Every time I add essential oils the natural cocoa butter smell over powers any scent I add and the body butter smells like chocolate. I bought the unrefined one. Is unscented cocoa butter sold?
Yes, you can buy refined cocoa butter that is unscented. :)

Cocoa butter scent blends exceptionally well with patchouli, lime, orange, mint, coffee, bergamot, rose, sandalwood, vetiver. Take a bit of your whipped butter and divide it into several small containers. Add different scent to each container. Let it sit for a bit. Patchouli orange is marvelous with cocoa butter. Sandalwood is scrumptious with cocoa butter. And any coffee vanilla orange combo is also great. Rose and florals will own the cocoa butter and are quite nice. A few drops of scent is all it takes to mix with a teeny bit of your whipped butter. Hope this is helpful!

Latest posts

Back