Need a good recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMom

Reaction score
Anyone have a good soap recipe to start with for a beginner like me. I need one that is moisturizing and doesn't leave your skin so dry. Any comments would be very helpful! Thanks!

x

hi there, and welcome!

www.soap-making-essential.com is a great site. we also have some recipes in our soap recipe section.

at the top right of the page you can click on "search" and keyword things like goatsmilk soap or g/m or whatever, and it will take you to all the previous threads on that particular subject.

Hey Soapmom,

I think you'll find each of us has our own preferences on soaps and what is easy and what's not.

You'll find that all hand-made soap is moisturizing. An easy one is Bastille which is made with 75% Olive Oil and 25% Coconut Oil. I would recommend that you run your amounts through a Lye Calculator to get your amounts.

Before you start make sure you understand all of the safety precautions so you'll know what to expect. Once you've done it, you will of course be addicted and there is no 7 step rehab program because - well - we don't want to be saved...... 8)

Thanks!

Thanks gals! I'll try those sites. Trying to find a recipe that is special. I've tried several but none so far really stand out. I guess I'll keep trying things out after all, I'm new to all this but having tons of fun doing it!! :p

Back