Need a body spray recipe please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandyanne

Reaction score
I forgot to order my premade base with my supplies and have orders to fill- can anyone share a homemade body spray recipe?
Thanks!

I make mine with 3% fo, 12% eo modifier, 2% glycerine, 1% preservative, and 82% distilled water.
HTH!

The modifier is basically an emulsifier for the fo and water to mix. I got mine at WSP, and it leaves the base clear. You can also use poly-20, but that makes it milky. I use the poly-20 for my linen sprays because it takes less of the poloy than the modifier, and I use blue bottles so the milky color isn't an issue.

sprays

does anyone use IPM / Isopropyl Myristate? Also some have a little alcohol in them. Poly 20 is typically used to incorporate the FO / EO in to the product if needed .

Do the resellers like WSP list the ingredients of their bases? Just curious.

IPM is not soluble in water, so it wouldn't work to add it to a body spray. I do add it to my oil sprays to cut out some of the greasiness. If you used alcohol (I'm assuming you are referring to everclear or vodka) you aren't able to sell it.

Latest posts

Back