Natures Garden order

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsoap

Reaction score
I have to start off by saying the service was ah-maze-ing! I realized after I had placed my order that I forgot a fo, I emailed them and they added it to my order. I ordered 15 1oz, shipping to Canada was under 10 dollars.

I got my Fo's yesterday. WOOT. Can't wait to soap with them.

Here are some of my impression OOB
Favorites
Butt Naked -
Lavender Martini - LOVE THIS
Coconut Lime Verbena (very soft fo)
Chai Tea - mmmmmmmm
Sweet Pea - so pretty

The ones I am not fond of
Cannabis Rose
Clean Cotton
Spa

I also got
apples & oak
austrailian bamboo grass
blackberry sage
china rain
green irish tweed
japanese cherry blossom

There Japanese Cherry Blossom and Cool Citris Basil & Coconut Lime Verbena seem very soft, has anyone soaped with these from NG and can tell me how much ppo to use?

funny those 3 you didnt like i dont either, although i didnt soap them yet. I always use 1oz per lb, unless you are doing hp then less.
I may soap cannibis rose tonight, i will let ya know.

I soaped Butt Naked on Saturday, not as nice soaped as OOB
Green Irish tweed last night... a little softer than I planned but still very nice. I used .7ppo

I bought 1oz samples of these this morning.:

Curious Type
Lotus Blossom
Nag Champa
Seaside Cotton
Black Linen And Amber
Bamboo Hemp
Werewolf
Rock Lobster
Morning Glory & Honeysuckle
Green Clover and Aloe
Laundromat
Tibetian Amber Fragrance
Fresh Pear

I was feeling adventerous!

I was *really* disappointed in the Cannabis Rose when I first got it. OOB it's pretty much a straight up rose with a hint of smoke, LOL. It does develop into something a bit more complex after a good cure though. It's still nowhere as complex and nice as the only other CB I've smelled in soap *but* it's infinitely better now than OOB or when I first made the soap. After a few more weeks it might be even better, who knows, but it is 6wks old now and hasn't seemed to change scent much in the past couple of weeks. HTH!

evatgirl73 said:
I was *really* disappointed in the Cannabis Rose when I first got it. OOB it's pretty much a straight up rose with a hint of smoke, LOL. It does develop into something a bit more complex after a good cure though. It's still nowhere as complex and nice as the only other CB I've smelled in soap *but* it's infinitely better now than OOB or when I first made the soap. After a few more weeks it might be even better, who knows, but it is 6wks old now and hasn't seemed to change scent much in the past couple of weeks. HTH!

how much ppo did you use?

i just soaped it last night, i kinda like it. I used .5 per lb, but that was hp, if i did cp i would do 1 oz per lb. let me know if you like it?

I like stronger scents, so I'm sure I used around 1oz/PPO for the older batch. I recently made a smaller batch for a swap and for that one I used 0.7oz/PPO and it's a nice strength at that so it doesn't really need the extra.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent scent and a nice rose... it's just nowhere NEAR an accurate dupe of the Fresh scent it's supposed to be. It totally lacks the deeper, sexier base notes. Nice, but no cigar. ;)

i dont know what its supposed to smell like? is this a dup of a perfume?

Yes, it's supposed to be a dupe of Fresh's Cannabis Rose. :) The real one is much more complex and doesn't really smell much like "rose" at all, it's deeper and has patchouli and a bunch of other stuff in it. I was trying this one before ordering SW's version (because it's lots pricier) and will definitely order that one next time.

I have never smelled the original but buy this fragrance from Backwoods. It soaps beautifully and the price is good as well. Backwoods have some wonderful fragrances. I do detect the Rose but the Patch is there as well.
If you lived in Oz I would send you a bar!!!!!.

I soaped it today at .7 ppo... it is still ITM but has a very soft rose scent. I didn't know that this was a dupe, but I'll tell you the scent does seem to be a bit lacking. I find it too Rose for my liking, but not over powering like most of the ones I've smelt.

whoever bought that bamboo hemp, do you like it? have you soaped it yet? im not sure about it.
Iam liking can rose as it cures, and I dont usually like florals.

mine will be in tomorrow..Via UPS..
I ordered
Tangerine Lemongrass Fragrance Oil
Bite Me Fragrance Oil
Werewolf
NG Baby Bee Buttermilk
Juicy Couture Type
Sweet Orange Chili Pepper
Curious Type
Better than Sex Cake
cant wait to try these

youre going to l;ove orange chili pepper, at least i do! also, baby buttermilk is nice, make sure to use 1 oz pp for that, it is light.

I've gotten the bamboo hemp. I don't soap so I can't tell u how it does there. It did make great incense though. I have the orange chili pepper and WOW is that a strong orange scent! Since I just do lotions, shower gels, body sprays, room sprays and the such, not I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it. lol

Tabitha - How is the laundromat? I have Demeter's Laundromat perfume and love it... except for the fact that lasts about 5 mins. And how bout the Green Clover & Aloe? That sounds like such a fresh scent! I think that's on my next order list!

ng? I like ng, some are light, but overall ive been happy. I always use 1ozpp though, never less.

Latest posts

Back