Nag Champa Cut Pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
Mmmm...my house smells so good. I love nag champa and so do a lot of my friends so, of course, why not make us all some nag champa soap? I tried to get a little fancy with multiple layers and pencil lines. I wanted some curry-like color with pops of magenta, but I mostly got baby poo and salmon. Somehow baby poo and salmon works:

nag1.jpg

nag2.jpg

Very beautiful soap. Do you have a preference on oil brand? I burn a lot of Nag Champa around the house and would love to make a soap that smells like my incense, which is the standard Buddhist temple brand, Satya Sai Baba.

Very beautiful soap. Do you have a preference on oil brand? I burn a lot of Nag Champa around the house and would love to make a soap that smells like my incense, which is the standard Buddhist temple brand, Satya Sai Baba.

Thank you! The incense I know is the one that comes in the blue box with the red and white lettering, not sure of the brand. In this soap, I used a fragrance oil from Coastal Scents. It's my only experience with the nag champa scent in soap, and it's very nice. It's maybe just slightly more powdery smelling than the actual incense, but it is unmistakably nag champa. I used .5 oz ppo. It's strong. I've always considered nag champa to be a powerful scent, so I like it that way. I think this is going to be a favorite of mine! :)

Thank you! The incense I know is the one that comes in the blue box with the red and white lettering, not sure of the brand. In this soap, I used a fragrance oil from Coastal Scents. It's my only experience with the nag champa scent in soap, and it's very nice. It's maybe just slightly more powdery smelling than the actual incense, but it is unmistakably nag champa. I used .5 oz ppo. It's strong. I've always considered nag champa to be a powerful scent, so I like it that way. I think this is going to be a favorite of mine! :)

Satya Sai Baba are the incense that you are thinking of. I love incense but the DH not so much. Very pretty soap, so smooth and creamy :)

They turned out gorgeous! I have a nag champa from B&B that I hate and it turns a very ugly pinkish color. Not a pretty pink. Think I will try one form your supplier

Thanks! I haven't noticed any discoloring from this FO so far. The pink parts I did on purpose with a little red mica.

Back