Mystery Fragrance 6 and 7

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simplymcghie

Reaction score
Here are the last two soaps for the Bramble Berry Fall SOAP Team. I've had so much fun doing this. Here is my blog post about these last two fragrances.

http://simplymcghie.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... and-7.html

Mystery Fragrance #6
mysteryfragrance6small.jpg

Mystery Fragrance #7
mysteryfragrance7small.jpg

I have condiment bottles I got JUST so I could make "topping" like that and have never gone through with it. Gonna have to do it now, that is just awesome. Love the swirl and I really love the simplicity of the bottom one.

FreeRabbit said:
could you share which colors did you use?

BB ultramarine blue and
BB green chrome mica

Thank you everyone for you wonderful comments. You really make my day :)

They are both very lovely. I especially like the top on the first one. Very inventive.

Bwitched said:
I'd love to know the secret to getting such smooth consistent coloring from Ultramarines, Oxides and Micas...I have never had very great luck with them...:(

I always mix my colourants with either oil or water depending on what the Manufacturer recommends. And I absolutely ADORE my milk frother. I use this to make sure the colourants are completely dispersed before adding the batter. HTH?

Bwitched said:
I'd love to know the secret to getting such smooth consistent coloring from Ultramarines, Oxides and Micas...I have never had very great luck with them...:(

I generally mix mine with oil too and I let it sit while I'm making up everything else. Then I stick blend the heck out of it. Works every time. But I also start at light trace so that it doesn't get too thick on me.

Bwitched said:

I second the milk frother. It's the only way I've ever been able to get my colors smooth.

I love love love the lattice look on the top on the first soap, very clever, knowing me and my heavy hand i'd likely drop the drizzle into a big puddle on top lol.

Back