Mysterious Acceleration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Capa

Reaction score
Hello every bubbly how are you doing? I've been busy making soap and have been using my formulas exactly the same as always, turning out nice bars of soap. I use EO only and the odd pigment and botanical etc.

I have noticed that even though I do the exact same measurements, formulas etc batch after batch, my soap batter is accelerating faster and faster every time I make a new batch! I just about saved the last batch before it turned into a complete disaster. Needless to say I was sweating trying to save it.

Could anyone have an idea why this is happening? I live in the UK and maybe it has something to do with ambient temperature now it's getting colder? (I started making soap this summer)

How can I slow down my trace? Would adding a little more water to the lye be a good idea?

This last batch I made was peppermint & rosemary EO with a little TD & Ultramarine. The 3rd batch I have made of this formula.

Hello there Mrs. Capa - adding extra water will definitely help slow it down as well as soaping at a cooler temp.....

Latest posts

Back