My super exciting Saturday night.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVivian

Reaction score
I used to go to dinner and a movie, maybe dancing at a bar.. Now, I make soap. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1385270267.279231.jpg

Lol, same here... Me and my bf always go to movies on saturday nights, and all i can think was when can we go home coz all i wanna do is make soap

Great looking soaps btw, can u pls show us when they are cut? :)

Pretty! I especially like the white one. It looks so creamy. Know what you mean. I spend my weekends making soap to de-stress from my crazy weeks. My husbands used to just laugh. Now he wants to know if I'm going to start selling some of it to pay for all of the supplies LOL Can't wait to see the cut pics!

I just love your softy n creamy soaps..they always look soooooo good. :)

Thanks everyone! Yes... My husband thinks I'm completely crazy and he just can't see what's so interesting about mixing oils and scents and making a sink full of dishes haha! (Can't say I blame him)

The color on the white is indeed TD and lots more than I usually use. I wanted an orange creamcicle look to match the scent. Orange 10X mixed with peak coconut milk which smells remarkably vanilla-ish when mixed with something else without the darkening. The swirl soap is a striped soap inspired by Judymoody and is scented with Crafters Choice pink grapefruit (which is 100% better than BB's pink grapefruit IMO)

I've got to try CPOP one of these days. Gorgeous!

Oh my god they look so beautiful I love the way you made the top all white and once you sliced it surprise!! I really need to work on texturing the tops of my soaps but I'm scared since I cover them with plastic and blankets to get messed up do you insulate your soaps? how do you do it so the top doesn't get ruined?

Oh my god they look so beautiful I love the way you made the top all white and once you sliced it surprise!! I really need to work on texturing the tops of my soaps but I'm scared since I cover them with plastic and blankets to get messed up do you insulate your soaps? how do you do it so the top doesn't get ruined?

I don't insulate at all. After I pour the soap, I let it sit (out on the counter) until it comes to a nice, thick consistency and I can drag a spoon or chopstick through it and the pattern stays without melting back into the loaf. It should be able to hold little "peaks" without falling just like frosting. Then I put it uncovered into a 170 degree oven and turn the oven OFF. I check on it through the oven window every 5 minutes or so. When I can see that the gel has gone all the way from the center to the corners of the mold.. I take it out. This can take as little as 10 minutes in the oven or up to an hour or more. The key (I think) is to watch it and get a feel for how long your recipe takes to come to gel. If you use Titanium dioxide in your recipes, it's very hard or impossible to see the gelling so I'd recommend not using it until you get a good feel for how long your soaps should stay in the oven. Anyhow.. This is how I do my soaps and I've had very good luck so far except for one loaf that overheated a bit because it had ingredients that heat up fast and I walked away for too long. :)

Latest posts

Back