My Strawberry Soapcake Loaf :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenimae

Reaction score
This was my very first attempt at making a "pretty" M&P soap loaf. Please let me know what y'all think!! :-D

soapy1.jpg

soapy2.jpg

soapy3.jpg

That looks wonderful! I have no idea how you did the swirl, but it is very well done :)

Thank you all so very much! needed to post this...needed a bit of praise to know that it would be worth the patience & frustration to make another, lol!

@ Badger... I made a separate soap first before making the loaf. I used the "jelly roll" technique, set the roll aside & when I was ready too pour the loaf I set it in the mold, poured to cover the entire roll and then started whipping up the top...holy crap...quick like a bunny...mess EVERYWHERE...steam coming out of ears!! Yeah, it was quite the process and I'm not sure if I wanna do it again, haha!!

Thanks again everyone!! ;)

Awesome looking! I'm particularly impressed w/ the fact that it's your first attempt!
Thank you so much! I gotta tell ya, I was both shocked & impressed that I managed to pull this off as well, lol!! All of the different steps were literally thrown together in a complete panic. Never enough time to play with M&P! And omg, you should have seen my kitchen in the end...soap blobs, drips & splatters EVERYWHERE!!!:shock:

I love that red that you got for the center. What kind of colorant did you use for that?

Thanks! It's just a plain "red" liquid colorant. I actually didn't purchase it myself. It was given to me & it's got soapcrafters.com on the bottle. :)

Back