My stamp from Owasso....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
It came today! Yay! I'm not entirely sold on it yet because soap seemed to stick to it, but maybe I need to mineral oil it or something? (Anybody have any experience with these dies?) They did do a great job with it, though. Cost me $7.98 for shipping and that's it. Pretty cool deal. Sorry about the quality of the pic.

The soaps themselves, I hate. They were supposed to be a pink and cream swirl but, as you can see, that didn't quite happen. LOL!! Scented with peony. I dunno if they're getting chopped yet or not...

stamp1.jpg

Very nice! Gives the soap a great look..man I'm going to have to invest in one of those I think...

I think that looks great! I'm really new to soapmaking and am not familiar with Owasso. Could you please share a little info? Thanks!

Jude

No, it's just a block of wood....easy to press into the soap, my only issue is that the soap sticks to it. Next time, I'm gonna try mineral oil on it, maybe.

Looks great!

I have a stamp from them and have also found that my soap sticks to it. My logo is pretty detailed too and doesn't show up too well on the soap. I think if I get another one I will just have text on it, and not my logo!

Are you ashleeandlee from Youtube? (It's loriadkins from YouTube...lol). Have you tried oiling the stamp, at all?

arghhh, what am I doing wrong,Itrie to download our logo to get opinions, I used Imageshack and it won't work.[/img]

I've been trying to order the free die from them for what seems like FOREVER.

I can't figure out how to order, or what I need!!! Is it a magnesium die?

Can someone walk me through ordering please?? :(

You have to create a login, Lil...then it allows you to get to the electronic form by clicking "placing an order" and then scrolling down to "product order forms" and lastly to "soap stamp order form.pdf" in the drop down menu. You might also try this:

http://www.owossographic.com/PDFs/soaps ... erform.pdf

I think it's a mail in or fax form.

It's sort of wonky to find...you have to sign up first. Good luck and let me know if you still need help.

I had a hard time finding out how to order too! I can't even remember how I finally got there because it took a lot of steps. :(

If your soap is sticking it is probably not dry enough on the surface. I suppose the prefect stage of soap to stamp into is when the surface is smooth and dry but the inside is slightly soft and can compress to accept the image without distortion. It the surface is sticky you can also try dusting the surface with corn starch to prevent sticking, and then dust off the starch with a paint brush.

It also looks like their stamps are perhaps a bit less crisp, in that it looks like there is some metal (or whatever substance they use) that is around the letters, sort of making it cut less crisply. I think that with resin stamps the image comes out more crisp for detailed images.

Here is our soap stamped with a resin stamp:

poppylav1.jpg

Great design though! The font is awesome!
:)

I've been using a stamp from them for about a year now and never had soap stick to the stamp. I think you're stamping too soon. I don't usually stamp until they're done curing.

That could be it. I always used rubber stamps immediately after cutting with great results. I was afraid they'd be too hard to stamp if I waited. I'll have to play with it and see if it's any better.
Thanks for the tip! :D

I read on the Owosso site last night , they are discontinuing the free die at the end of the month..

Latest posts

Back