My soaps have " sweated" what does this mean?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missmoneypenny

Reaction score
I ve been curing some soaps made of coconut, olive and almond oil. They are 3 weeks old. Yesterday moisture appeared on top. I assumed my kids had been messing around and wetted them so I wiped it off. It happened again to a lesser extent the next day and I realised it wasn t water but something oily. Could the soaps be putting out oil? It s light and feels nice on the hands.

Thanks that really hits e nail on the head. It has been damp here ( London UK) . I rather hoped glycerine would be involved and I read that coconut soaps tend to produce it.

I'm having a similar problem. I've made a soap loaf, CP, using olive, palm coconut and castor oils, shea and mango butter. I placed little heart shapes made using clear melt and pour base on top of the CP soap. After 3 days I'm ready to slice my soap loaf but my little hearts seem to be melting. The red dye is running down my pink soap. What's happening?

I'm having a similar problem. I've made a soap loaf, CP, using olive, palm coconut and castor oils, shea and mango butter. I placed little heart shapes made using clear melt and pour base on top of the CP soap. After 3 days I'm ready to slice my soap loaf but my little hearts seem to be melting. The red dye is running down my pink soap. What's happening?

Your M&P hearts are attracting so much moisture to themselves that the water on them is dissolving the soap itself. Not sure what can be done to help them because M&P needs to be wrapped to prevent this, and CP needs to be able to dry out. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.

Latest posts

Back