My soap smells...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deda

Reaction score
...like carburetor cleaner.

Yesterday I made a batch with EO blend called Euphoria from WSP. It's a beautiful scent, but stong. It's also a seize-omatic. :cry: Anyway, I deal cause I love the smell.

I cut it last night and went down stairs to watch TV with DH - LOST! I kept smelling the fragrance, so I washed my hands again and changed clothes. Didn't help, I still smelled it. I thought I had overdone it on the fragrance load.

This morning I was gathering up the clothes for laundry and DH's shirt reeked, and so did his shop towels. He was tinkering with the boat's engine yesterday afternoon and had been using carb cleaner - it smells just like my fragrance!

I read the MSDS for the solvent and it says Appearance/Odor, CLEAR FLUID WITH SWEET, AROMATIC ODOR.

Mechanics soap, anyone?

Interesting. I had a similar experience with WSP Rainfall EO last weekend. Boy that stuff is strong! My whole house smells like pine - not rainfall at all. I think this batch is going in the dumper unless it mellows out after a few weeks/months.

There are a couple of F/O's that do the same kind of thing in my soap when they are initially made- Ocean Blue from Daystar and Sun & Sand from WSP--only they don't so much smell like carb cleaner to me as much as they do permanent wave chemicals (for hair). They cure out nicely, though (thankfully! :) )

IrishLass

IrishLass said:
There are a couple of F/O's that do the same kind of thing in my soap when they are initially made- Ocean Blue from Daystar and Sun & Sand from WSP--only they don't so much smell like carb cleaner to me as much as they do permanent wave chemicals (for hair). They cure out nicely, though (thankfully! :) )

IrishLass

SaveOnScents Tomato Leaf does that to me too.

:lol: :lol: Sorry I wasn't clearer! :lol: :lol:

The soap smells fine.

I thought it was strong because I was smelling DH and his carb cleaner soaked clothes. The carb cleaner is scented and I swear it smells just like the fragrance oil!

Deda said:
Mechanics soap, anyone?

That is a definite yes for this wife, then!!! Sign me up! Gotta get the name of that carb cleaner!!! Oh yeah, and your soap! :lol:

Latest posts

Back