My other hobby

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you sell these?
Yes I do, our very own @Zing has one!
Actually I rather like this pic of all of them:
IMG_1019.JPG

Those are amazing. I dabbled in mandalas and omg it was challenging to me but I did find it relaxing. Just.. Everything came out cattywompus lol
I recognize how much work that took! Amazingly beautiful and talented.. Love them

HA! Thanks for the RR rabbit hole you led me down : ) (who am I kidding... its been a rough go lately, needed a little RR break from the daily drudgery).

Right, best this digital maven could do:

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 3.57.31 PM.jpg

Wait for the NZ reference at :34 : )
Gosh durn it, he's adorable even with lizard skin and liver spots and space travel

And the Butterscotch Stallion makes an appearance... this movie might supplant soap making duties : )

Last edited:
Okay, enough with the drooling already! Sheesh.
And, um, @Ephemerella , I can't quite recall when I gave you permission to use my likeness?
There's a joke in here somewhere about gettin' your (pet) rocks off but it's been a very long day -- "a rough go lately" -- and I'm way past my bedtime.
Thanks for the chuckle,

Yes I do, our very own @Zing has one!
Actually I rather like this pic of all of them:
View attachment 73537

Wow....just wow....so incredibly beautiful ❤️ My favourite are the designs based on traditional Maori patterns *super love these* 😁

I started doing some rocks myself last year, with dot work, but also based on messages people might need to hear when feeling depressed, lonely, hopeless, suicidal etc. I found one of these rocks myself when I was on the verge of death (serious health issues related to how my husband was treating me, not suicide) & finally resolved to leave my husband. I didn't know how or exactly when, but I knew it was going to happen. Finding that stone, which may have been completely insignificant to someone else, is what motivated me to push through what I was dealing with at the time. It was bright yellow in color, anybody else could have found it where I was walking through the forest which was quite busy in terms of walkers & hikers, but they didn't...I did. It was sitting on a stump & simply said YOU ARE LOVED with a beautiful heart on the back. I broke down crying when I found it & did take it home. I often picked it up & looked at it when I was feeling anything BUT loved, which pushed me to start creating beautiful things myself to remind me that there was beauty in me, no matter what was happening in my life. And here I am making soap again, which I have always loved with a passion 😊

After I did leave my husband, I found out who had inspired this entire thing with the rocks with messages of love, worldwide, after her daughter committed suicide in 2014, Deborah DeLisi at The Abundant Love Project > Our Story | Mysite
She made her Stone People Tribe while grieving her daughter's death, feeling alone, and things grew from there. Really an amazing woman who is an artist in so many ways.

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 11.10.05 PM.png

I then started making the stones with messages of love myself, leaving them random places during the past 3 years while people were terrified, angry, depressed, giving them directly to people who I seemingly met out of nowhere, and was gifted things in return which were incredibly meaningful to me every time, which in itself blew my mind. There is no such thing as coincidence :)

Anyways....yeah....your amazingly gorgeous stones reminded me of Deborah & her beautiful project, as well as my own path through life 😊 I will be making these stones with my granddaughter next year when she comes to visit me during school holidays, which I am very much looking forward to.

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work ❤️

Latest posts

Back