SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You need to make a soap like this.
Are you allowed in N Z to take rocks from nature to do these ?

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
How pretty! I love the pattern.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love mandala patterns and those are beautiful. I have thought of trying to do soap like this - I even have a folder with pictures - but I am quite sure I don't have nearly enough patience. I hope you try it :)

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Very pretty! You would apply ebru techniques to make in soap, and that would be challenging but very rewarding if you mastered it. Do try!

penelopejane

Reaction score
Make a plain bar of soap and decorate it using the same equipment you do with your paint. Make 4 or 5 colours in small amounts of batter and pretend it is paint.

You can do way better than that soap on the video!
This method fades s little bit when it dries.

Last edited:

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would maybe try a pipette or small piping bag with a tiny tip or very small squeeze bottles - something like this maybe https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7X7PRY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. Ebru could work well. My couple of tries at ebru resulted in a few wayward drops, which doesn't matter if you are swirling, but it seems that this needs precision. I'd consider doing two batches - pour the bases first and let them set up while you make a second batch, split off what you need for the colors and pour the remaining into some kind of mold. Yes, for the dots you will need something that stays very fluid.

Latest posts