my mom died suddenly this morning

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for your loss. We also lost a loved one this weekend. My dear FIL passed away on Saturday. It's never easy on those of us who are left, but I do believe that those who have gone on are in a wonderful and happy place free of the pain and disabilities that held them back during their living years. My FIL suffered so much and for so long before his passing, that I remind myself he is okay now. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family during this time.

I just read this, Diane, I'm so sorry.
For some reason we tend to think of our parents as infallible. It breaks our hearts when we learn that isn't true. Your mum sounds like she was a wonderful woman,and I am holding you and your father in my thoughts whilst you go through this terrible time.
Yes, you willl be happy again, your mum would want you to be happy.
Hugs xx

I'm very sorry Diane. This is one of the most difficult times of life. Your lovely mother is without limitation now so please take comfort. Hugs.

I'm so sorry. I'm thinking about your dad with tears in my eyes. It sounds like they had a wonderful life together and I'm so happy for that. How fortunate that you are so close to your parents! Her love will always be with you.

Thanks again everyone!

I had no idea how much work it is to prepare for a funeral. I am documenting the process for friends. I LOVE the funeral director we chose: a small family-operated business for 3 generations now. So kind and considerate.

I finally wrote my eulogy, (took 4 attempts); not sure if I will be able to read it out without breaking up, but my son and daughter will be there to help tomorrow.

My brother asked for Josh Groban's "To Where you are" to be played.....yikes, there won't be a dry eye all day. (but that's a good thing).

I am very sorry for your loss. May the Lord give you and your Dad strength and comfort as you walk through this time of grief.

Thinking of you during this sad time. We were in Ontario last month to bury my father-in-law who also died suddenly. Take time to grieve and keep her memory close in your heart.

Latest posts

Back