My latest soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LupitaTX

Reaction score
Ive been doing hot process and i gotta tell yall i freaking love it, its my new way of doing soap... It was a series of trial and errors but i finally got a hang of it and im only getting better!!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1394780869.941628.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1394780899.140032.jpg

Looking good!! :D

You're also very good at cutting straight with the crinkle cutter! I have only just recently gotten one and I am having a hard time getting it perfect, especially when cutting taller soaps. It's not easy at all getting the crinkles to be completely vertical! Do you cut yours by freehand or do you have some kind of cutter guide thingy?

Do you cut yours by freehand or do you have some kind of cutter guide thingy?

Thank you!!! Yes i cut by free hand :), i dont have a cutting mat but been considering it since i cut my soaps too thick sometimes.

Your soap looks nice and smooth.

yes it is because i used 3:1 water/lye ratio i was having a hard time plopping it to my silicone soap mold without my soap getting deformed or stretching out my silicone mold giving me a chunky deformed soap :-( not fun so i figured my solution till i make my own wood mold.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1394817594.624970.jpg
My cut soap, fragranced with almond joy FO and frozen coconut FO.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! Yes i cut by free hand :), i dont have a cutting mat but been considering it since i cut my soaps too thick sometimes.

Yikes, I was hoping there was some kind of magic box I could use to help me get my cuts straighter, but I guess the only cure for my wobbly crinkles is practice. Oh well... as so often is the case, that's the name of the game in soaping. :)

My crinkle cut soaps come out waaaay to thick too! :crazy:

Latest posts

Back