my "ideal soap"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

phpworm

Before I even started researching how to make soap, I had an idea in my mind of what I wanted. After many tests and failed batches, my "ideal soap" has finally materialized. Just finished hand-painting with all natural colorants.

Not the best pictures but you get the idea. It's whipped soap, half hinoki (japanese cypress) and half sakura (japanese cherry blossom) scented. When spring comes I'll actually put dried sakura flowers in the mix.

Now maybe I can sleep again :)

very cool and zen like. Wish I could smell it. Great job!

I love the look of that and combining soap and painting in one craft. Love it!

I was thinking to myself, why am I making my own natural paints to design my soap with, when I'm using whipped soap which can be piped like frosting? So I made another batch and used "soap" to paint with this time... I really think it looks a lot better. Not only are the colors more bright and vibrant, but there is no chance of them coloring your skin when you wash :)

Using my stamp mold, I injected the colored soap into the design with a syringe.. I had to use a 15 guage needle which is the thickest I could get my hands on. Definitely has a more "rustic" look to it now, but I like it.

Another update (last one, maybe?), I finally decided on packaging. A soap dish and shrink wrap from WholeSaleSupplies. Had the stickers made at walmart, which read "hinoki to sakura no sekken" or "cypress and cherry blossom soap." I put a list of ingredients on the inside, in both English and Japanese. I know people probably like to read that info BEFORE buying soap, but since these are just gifts I'm not too worried about. Very happy with how this project turned out and I just can't help reviving this thread and talking more about it!

I can't find Sakura f/o anywhere...
Do you mind sharing where you got it. If not that's cool too.
Thanks!

By the way the soap is beautiful.

It's sold as "cherry blossom", the English translation for sakura, which I got from WholeSaleSupplies, same as the packaging materials.

Latest posts

Back