My Fragrances. Need some suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna75126

Reaction score
Need suggestions and comments on the fragrances that I have on hand and what I might need for a Christmas Fair that will only be from 9 to 2. Here is a list of what I have. It seems like I need something else but take away some of the Vanillas.
I have alot of different E.O.'s but those do not seem to last as long as fragrances.

Donna

Sleigh Ride (bb)
Butter Cream and Snickerdoodle(bb)
Christmas Cookie (wholesale plus)
Fresh Snow (bb) dont really like it
Sugar Plum Fairy
Mulled Spices and Cider
Peppermint
Lavender
Citrus Blend
Sun Ripened Raspberry (bb)
Apricot Peach & Pear
Jasmine
Lavender Chamomile (huggies from bb)
Almond & Walnut
Vanilla Almond
Warm Vanilla Sugar
Vanilla Coconut

May I ask what products you are selling?

I personally don't think having a few vanilla based scents is a bad idea. A lot of people are drawn to the familarness of vanilla..but want something a little different..

I am very, very new to soapmaking, but as a shopper, I am drawn to the vanilla scents. They are usually the first ones I smell and the ones I end up buying.

Good luck at your craft fair.

Thank you for the replies. I myself love vanilla scent but I did not just want to assume everyone else would.
We are selling lots of bathbombs and some bathsalts and scrubs and a few body creams

Ah then for sure you don't have to many vanillas.

One of my very favorite personal scents....is Wood Violet and Sugar Maple from Oregon Trails...I make lotion bars for me in that scent..I have not found anything I do..to not work that scent. Candles,room spray, lotion bars..

It's old fashioned but current at the same time.

But going by what you've listed..you've got quite a range of scent profiles listed. I think stick with it..and see which are your strong sellers.. Some times at craft shows, you can overwhelm you potential customers with to many choices..

Those scents sound good... I think I will check them out.

I was thinking I might have too many scents to choose from. But one of my favorite things is just smelling of everything and then I get too confused as to what I want.

Donna

Exactly...sensory overload.. LOL

I need to head up to to Otion and get my sniff on of Brambleberry Scents. It's been a while since I've been there.

I am also a big vanilla fan. Just remember to test your FOs in creams because I've had some in the past which caused creams to discolor to a yellow shade. The creams were fine but just weren't the lovely white they had been when I made them.

Christmas Cookie sounds great to me! I like to blend vanilla with other FOs as in peppermint vanilla and lavender vanilla. I also like citrus scents. I'm sorry I really can't help you with the others.

You might find the info on this link helpful. http://soapmakingforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24027

You have enough. You don't want to get to many season specific scents as it will be a full year before you use them again! And I know when I buy stuff, I don't buy season specific fragrances anyway b/c if they last past Christmas, I won't want to use them anymore.

Thank you for the link Hazel... sometimes when I search on here I find everything but what I am looking for, yet you seem to be the link queen! :)

Seventeen Soaps said:
you seem to be the link queen! :)

Cool! I want that title under my username. :lol:

There are just some questions that are asked which I remember from previous discussions. It's usually faster and easier to paste a link than to actually answer a question. :wink:

[quote="Hazel"
Cool! I want that title under my username. :lol:

There are just some questions that are asked which I remember from previous discussions. It's usually faster and easier to paste a link than to actually answer a question. :wink:[/quote]

I think you should have it too. :)
I love that you can and do do it and I appreciate it as I am sure do many others. :)

You're welcome! I'm not an expert soapmaker like the other admins and mods so it makes me feel good if I can help someone. The help normally involves posting links. :lol:

Latest posts

Back