My first two soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your first batch looks my first few HP batchs. :D

I was always slow about getting them in the mold so they didn't "pour" well into the mold. Okay...I confess...they didn't pour at all...they glopped. :lol:

When did you make it? I've noticed some of the soaps are still soft when I unmold them. It takes a few days or so for them to harden.

The first batch I made two weeks ago. It is the one that starting my search for a soap forum to figure out what I did wrong. The book I used, according to these great people here :D , had me use too much water. I cooked it down as much as possible, but it is still soft.

The second batch firmed up in 12 hours. I had to put it in the freezer so I could get it out of the bread mold. I guess I have find some mineral oil somewhere. :)

anissa_mathias said:
phew. I am not the only one who is confused...

Nope, you're not. I was wondering also. Maybe she meant MP? But it doesn't look like MP. Hmmm...

From Humble Beginnings...

Hi,

Hmmmmm, the first one...not so good. But your second batch looks as it should.
We've all been there, I made soap that looked much worse than that in the beginning :oops:
Don't give up, each batch you make your confidence will increase. You'll still have failed batches, we all do from time to time. Some Pilot Error, some from bad choices of oils/fragrances or a misprinted recipe.
I bought a soapmaking book one time that most of the recipes we lye heavy. Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong till I ran them all thru the lye calculator, till then I was giving serious consideration to hanging up my stick blender in shame.

Have fun and welcome to soaping :D

Lorie

Latest posts

Back