My first soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
Hi Everybody! I just started soaping about a month ago and thought I'd post some images. This is a very addictive hobby! I'm just doing test batches and learning as I go. Nothing fancy, but it's so much fun.

From top left and clockwise:

1. My very first soap scented with Blueberry Crumble. I added too much lye so I'm not sure if I can use it. Probably at 2 or 3% superfat.

2. Scented with vanilla FO and sweet orange EO with orange peels. Can't smell the orange very well.

3. Frankincense and Myrrh for my hubby.

4. Soap on a stick scented with lily/linen and evaporated milk. Used a little purple candle wax and attempted separate molds. Not a fan.

5. Avocado/Olive oil baby soap scented with lavender FO.

6. Rebatched olive oil soap scented with coconut lime. Also has a touch of palm and coconut.

7. My adaptation of a shave soap scented with oatmeal milk and honey.

8. Lavender shampoo bar.

From top left and clockwise:

1. Evaporated milk soap scented with coconut lime

2. Oatmeal & honey soap

3. Chamomile tea soap scented with cucumber melon. I used chamomile tea and then the leaves from a tea bag. I can't wait to try it.

4. Coffee soap with coffee grounds. I wish I would've scented it.

5. Buttermilk soap with green candle wax and green tea cucumber scent.

I have many more ideas floating in my head!

They are beautiful, well done, the colours are really gorgeous. They all look lovely and smooth too.

Your soaps are very nice , you have a great variety there. You are totally right about the addiction part. It is a great addiction to have ,imho.

Kitn

Wow!! A soap pic bonanza!! :wink: Those all look so nice! Great colors and nice cuts too! It's amazing how long the list of things you wanna try gets, isn't it? Great job!

Thanks! I like the coffee soap too. Too bad it doesn't smell like coffee!

As for the purple....if the Blueberry Crumble looks purple, it's not. My bad photography! It discolors to tan. The only other item I used was purple candle wax and not very much. Once I added the lye it pretty much destroyed any color. I just got these ideas off of Miller's soap site.

nice soap, not sure about the candle wax though?is that bath/body safe?

Hi honor....I'm not too sure about the candle wax for soap coloring either. I used about 1/8 tsp ppo, but honestly it was too much of a pain to use anyway. I had to shave it off a block and then try to melt it, but that took forever. Then after I added it to my oils it re-solidified and had to heat up my oils again! No thanks.

x

:D great soaps! good for you! :D

ain't soaping grand? LOL!

i can't think of a better hobby! (or therapy!) LOL!

keep up the great work! :D

Latest posts

Back