my first soap pictures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubLowe

Reaction score
hey ladies and gents, so i made my 1st soap 2 days ago. i unmolded after 24 hours and it was still soft, so i waited another 10 hours to cut.
i think i used 1/2 teaspoon too much TD, lesson learned.

it is a honey oatmeal soap.
olive, coconut ,palm ,almond , castor oils, shea & cocoa butters 1/3 cup oatmeal and teaspoon honey
small batch about 1.5 lbs

533318_3554872428631_1177316410_32682980_1311924851_n.jpg

546383_3554873708663_1177316410_32682983_718348298_n.jpg

A great soap, especially for a first effort. You should have seen some of my first soap.s :shock:

thanx guys! im so excided! it was so much fun i cant wait to make another. i dont know what i will do with all the soap though haha

SubLowe said:
thanx guys! im so excided! it was so much fun i cant wait to make another. i dont know what i will do with all the soap though haha
Just wait until you really get rolling. I have soap stored everywhere. :D

I think they are fabulous looking Oatmeal & Honey soaps. Very nice job on the "bleeding" of the white into the bottom. Do you mind sharing what you did to achieve that?

RobinHoodFan said:
looks delicious!
What's TD?

I just got my supplies in the mail to make my first batch too!

titanium dioxide. its a mineral colorant. the white part of my soap. ;)

kharmon320 said:
I think they are fabulous looking Oatmeal & Honey soaps. Very nice job on the "bleeding" of the white into the bottom. Do you mind sharing what you did to achieve that?

well when i added the TD it made the portion of the colored soap start to trace really fast, and by the time i poured it ( which was immediatelly) it was already thick enough that it stayed on top of the already poured soap. i was trying to get it thin enough where if i poured it over the soap it would sink in a little and then i was going to just take a stick and dosome swirling, but it just stayed on top, so i give it a few swirls like you would beat eggs? just much more gently, trying to stir the white in a little bit while trying to not disturb the very top layer of the white. then i took a stick and made some horizontal and vertical lines like everyone does in their videos when showing how to do simple designs ... not sure if any of that made any sense at all. :)

Back