My first soap on a stick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quiltertoo

Reaction score
I have read about it and saw it on you tube but never had it happen to me before. It was rain scent from Aztec. I was warned that it would rice and accelerate but this was so thick I could cut it with a knife and serve it on a plate. Plopping wasn't even an option. I guess it has to happen to everyone sooner or later.

Mary Lou

Ha ha it happens to everybody good early experience - one of the good people on here suggested I hot process it - which I did it came back together but the hp killed the FO and I was too inexperienced to do anything about it - all the fo's I possess trace in about 5 seconds flat - that is my only window of opportunity to get it into the mould

I have read about it and saw it on you tube but never had it happen to me before. It was rain scent from Aztec. I was warned that it would rice and accelerate but this was so thick I could cut it with a knife and serve it on a plate. Plopping wasn't even an option. I guess it has to happen to everyone sooner or later.

Mary Lou

Next time that happens, plop it into the crock pot and hot process it. Once it hits gel phase, get it into the mold fast.

I got my first one last weekend. Had to mash it into a tray mold and hope for the best.

Back