My first soap batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattleyabubbles

Reaction score
Here's my first soap, with GM added in at trace, that I made early early in morning hours;

here's picture of the whole log;

I haven't came up with appropriate name for it yet...

But like any, First soap baby, I still proud mom!

Looks fab, did you add powdered goats milk or liquid?
I've only ever used GM for my entire lye solution, but I hate the smell of it, not yet tried to freeze it.
I love the topping too, very effective. Would make any mum proud :D

I use liquid goat's milk (store brand w/ kefir), but I didn't substitute it for full amount of my water, i substitute aloe vera juice for portions of my water and added in 16 oz of goat's milk--b/c confusion came i mistook milk fat (bovine) sap value as sap value for cow's milk, only i'm using goat's milk--at light trace. So I'm thinking the sap values have to be similar right...So that why I added in full amount of goat's milk that I had measured out...I didn't do a zap test after I brought oils/lye solution to thick puddling texture, I was tired and pour everything in mold even though I was attempting CPHP...

I mean it turn out fine and it has a nice bubbly creamy lather from the small piece i cut off and use to wash my hands...

@mamaT: Yes I use my fish poacher :lol: i coated the inside with mineral oil to ensure that the soap would release from it. I made a 4# batch in it. The most it could probably hold is 7#.

Back