My first colorant + FO bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
Oh wow, I started off with the intention of staying all natural as far as colorants and fragrances, but fell victim to the siren song of FOs a little while back. Now I've bought colorants (Select Shades, love them!) and I'm hooked. I still plan to do plenty of soap with no added colorants, as some of the uncolored ones have a beauty all of their own, but this batch was pure fun.

The FO is Daystar's Paradise, which smells just like Mountain Dew to me. In keeping with the fragrance, I went for bright on the colors, and wow did the Select Shades deliver. They haven't been cleaned up or had the edges neatened yet, this is right after brushing on the UM/mica mix on top and cutting, but:

DSC05162.jpg

DSC05163.jpg

DSC05164.jpg

I'm really pleased with the way the swirl came out, the two colors aren't all that different, so it's a neat effect, imo. Can't wait for this one to cure so it can go play in the shower with me! :D

Those are very pretty Tess. If they smell like Mountain Dew, then they look just how they smell!! Love the mica brushed on top!
Great job!

If Mt. Dew were a soap, it would look like that. Those are awesome! I'm just gunna have to try those Select Shades...

Tess absolutely gorgeous! I so understand about falling victim to the FO & colours lure - isn't this addiction too cool!

Latest posts

Back