my first batch of soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocalucha

Reaction score
Hello all! Newbie here. I finished making my first batch of soap (cp) but I have a doubt as to look at the center note that I have a darker color than on the sides, this is normal?

How can I know that the soap is now ready to remove from the mold?

I have not yet removed from the mold.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks

It sounds like you may have had a partial gel. That would cause the outside to be lighter in color than the center. This is nothing to worry about. Some fragrance oils might also cause your soap to change colors, but you will generally notice that the outside starts to darken and move toward the center...again, normal.

You can remove your soap from the mold when it is hard enough to handle. If you had a partial gel (which I think you did), the outside area that did not gel may take a bit longer to harden. Most soap can be removed from the mold within 24-48 hours.

I remove from mold after 24 hrs, unless you used high oo, them a day longer.

thanks for your answer but I would appreciate if you tell me which means high oo.

How can I avoid partial gel?

Thanks

Avoid partial gel by insulating your mold or keeping it in a warm (but not too warm) place after you pour it.

Or gel can be avoided altogether by putting your mold in the freezer or refrigerator after you pour (but this causes the soap to stay softer longer).

the dark is called jelling stage. if you just made your soap.. wrap a towel around it and try to get the whole mixture to gel.. (( the first couple batches I made in cardboard box they did not gel so when I saw my soap jell for the first time ( when i used a wooden mold) I had no Idea what that was )) it's just the mixure heating up. it makes things darker..

Latest posts

Back