My Favorite Salt Scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luminariel

Reaction score
This has become my absolute favorite for using anytime I take a shower or a soak in the tub. It's hydrating, a great exfoliant, and leaves you silky smooth as well as making your skin somewhat hydrophobic. It makes a fairly large jar of the stuff too.

4 cups salt (I like to mix sea salt and pink Himalayan)
3 cups olive oil
1 cup solid coconut oil
1/2 cup each cocoa butter and shea butter

Melt the butters and coconut oil until liquid, add the olive oil and mix thoroughly. You want to make sure it's very well combined. Let cool slightly, it should still be a bit runny but no longer hot. Gently fold in your salt and pour into a lidded container. I use a large glass jar with a separate lid, it looks like an apothecary jar.
To use, just take a handful out after soaping and scrub vigorously. You can add up to 1 1/2 tsp of fragrance without it being overpowering. :)
Enjoy!

I wouldn't personally use this in the tub myself. I made something similar years ago when I first started. Totally dangerous. Free oils and butters in the tub. I make an emulsified scrub. Also, recipes should always be done by weight including fragrance. More consistent. However, if it works for you and you're not selling go for it.

Back