My Coconut Milk CP soap attempt.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemsupthepoley

Reaction score
Avacado 5%
Home rendered beef tallow 45%
Castor 5%
EVOO 20%
Coconut oil 20%
Rice Bran oil(Paprika infused) 5%

850 g oils, 120g NaHO, 161g water/161g coconut milk, 4% superfat. 38% water in lye.

I added coconut milk to oils and then lye (with 1% sodium lactate). I split into two and added 5% RBO that had been infused with paprika to one half and the same weight of olive oil that I kept out of the 20% EVOO. The paprika has given a nice warm orange colour and being worried about overheating I stuck it in the freezer so not sure how colours will hold. My first soap took over an hour hand mixing and this took about 3 minutes!!!!! with SB. Not sure when to cut to suggestions would be appreciated. All in all it didn't go too badly but the proof of the pudding is in the eating8) Thanks Suzie. It's in the fridge just now as the stuff I took out of the freezer to make room was beginning to........
I got a cheese cutter from the charity shop so I'll see if that works tomorrow moring.

thanks again.

I tried too soon and it was soft to cut. Left out of fridge all day and tried with a bit wire attached to chopping board etc and cut fine. Not the straightest but. Colours look quite noice I think. This was actually my attempt at a swirl!!!!!! It set up rather faster than I expected but I don't mind.

Thanks for looking.

002 (526x600).jpg

Latest posts

Back