My 1st embed soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucidcat2

Reaction score
I made this with M & P embeds that I coloured and scented 2 days before doing the CP soap. I added a little beeswax & shea butter to the CP & did not let it go thru the gel (put it in the freezer) as I have heard the white pops better if you don't let it go thru a gel stage. I don't know if that's true or not.

Coconut Lime with glycerin embeds 018.jpg

Coconut Lime with glycerin embeds 017.jpg

So Cute. Every time I use M&P for embeds they bleed. Yours didnt and looks crisp whats your advice so they wont bleed?

So Cute. Every time I use M&P for embeds they bleed. Yours didnt and looks crisp whats your advice so they wont bleed?

I'm not 100% sure BotanicalWitch. This was my 1st attempt at embeds. I don't know about the quality of the M & P, I received it as a Christmas gift, but I do know it came from Michael's. The embeds did sweat alot the 1st few days after cutting & I just vigorously rubbed the soaps with a piece of paper towel. I can give you the recipe for the CP soap (in ounces):
[FONT=&quot]Coconut Oil, Virgin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Olive Oil[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Palm Oil[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Shea Butter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Beeswax[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].5[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Total Weight[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]34.5[/FONT]​
Lye 5.2
Water 11
Also, I didn't let it go thru the gel stage, I popped it in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Thank-you everybody for your lovely comments!

Here's a "newbie" question: can you do embeds made from cp soap to be used in cp?

I've used MP products purchased from Micheals and they sweat non-stop. I ended up tossing them because it was getting ugly looking. The MP base from craft schools are not good quality bases. Lesson learned!

^^ thanks! I wasn't sure. Sorry, more questions. :D Do I need to avoid gell? Can I just put them in the poured soap in the mold?

sorry for hyjacking this thread!

Here's a "newbie" question: can you do embeds made from cp soap to be used in cp?

Yes, you surely can. A couple ways by pouring out a little extra into thin layers in another container:

Cut extra soap into:

Geometric shapes with a knife or cutter - great for embeds
Cut with small cookie cutters into desired art - you can top your soaps with these fun shapes

Fun, sky's the limit :)

Thanks everyone! Now I'm thinking of all the fun things I can come up with.

.....sorry for hyjacking this thread

^^ thanks! I wasn't sure. Sorry, more questions. :D Do I need to avoid gell? Can I just put them in the poured soap in the mold?

sorry for hyjacking this thread!

I avoided the gel because I wanted to get a really white base soap so the colours would look as vivid as possible. This is the only embed soap I've done yet, so, I'd be only guessing at the best ways of doing a CP embed with a CP soap, although that is one that I'd like to try soon too so, let me know how it works out if you do it & definitely post some pictures! :)

Latest posts

Back