Mulberry Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saipan

Reaction score
Ok, so I have this Mulberry tree, thousands of Mulberries right now.

I grow it because the wood burns well, some say the best.

Has anyone used the berries in soap?

Looking for ideas. One can only make so much Mulberry Mead, and Mulberry cobbler.

Yes, and it wasn't a good seller. Try it around Christmas time, and see how it goes for you, that would be the best time

Ooh! Love mulberries! I'm curious about this, too. I imagine they would be like using raspberries in soap (if anyone has ever done that). Kind of doubt the color would stay true. It would probably turn brown. Could maybe separate out the seeds and add them for exfoliation.

What kind of mulberry tree is it?
I started some cuttings a couple years ago and now have four young trees. They haven't fruited yet and I can't remember if they were red or black. Soo looking forward to eating them! Pies, with yogurt, mulberry ice cream... How do you make mulberry mead?

Seems like a worthy experiment. Have you tried wine soap using the mulberry mead? I expect you'd need to use a colorant to get that deep mulberry mead color.

Have you dyed any fabric or yarn with your mulberries?

You could juice the mulberries, but I doubt it will retain the color. You would have to use some sort of colorant to combat the blech brownish color. I would also concentrate the juice, then use in place of water (and sugar!).

You don't make jelly or jam? Mulberry jelly is good stuff! My grandmother had a tree (Hurricane Rita took it), and we would make the juice by boiling with part of the sugar needed for the jelly, mashing, then squeezing out the juice. Then we would can just the juice to keep until winter when the garden slowed down, then we would make jelly. Lots and lots of jelly. I can still remember the counter full of upside down jars of jelly.

Back