mould making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catikit

Reaction score
Hi there
i want to make my own silicone mould - anyone done this before and got any advice?

I've been looking into making small silicone molds for embellishments. I found silicone putty in the polymer clay section of my local craft store (label says it is food safe, so I'm assuming that it's soap safe!), but I havent had the chance to try it out yet.

Kenaslan said:
http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/

I have not tried them but want to. I make all my molds out of wood and HDPE as I have a wood shop

Ken

I have to take a moment to yell at you about your avatar pic. What are you trying to do to me??!! *shakes you* Every time I see this my mind says, coffee that's a good idea. I have to stop myself from going to the kitchen. Ah, the life of an addict. I'll have to either get over it or avoid your posts (or go make myself a darn cup)!

PrairieCraft said:
Kenaslan said:

I have not tried them but want to. I make all my molds out of wood and HDPE as I have a wood shop

Ken

I have to take a moment to yell at you about your avatar pic. What are you trying to do to me??!! *shakes you* Every time I see this my mind says, coffee that's a good idea. I have to stop myself from going to the kitchen. Ah, the life of an addict. I'll have to either get over it or avoid your posts (or go make myself a darn cup)!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but my favorite time of day is first thing in the morning and last thing at night - with a cup of coffee. I get to spend an hour in the morning on my front porch, enjoying the birds and squirrels. In the evening, it's finally cooled down enough that being outside is a pleasure.

As for the silicone molds, I'd love to be able to make them. It just seems like too much of a hassle. I'll leave it to the experts and pay the big bucks for them!

PrairieCraft said:
Kenaslan said:

Ken

hehehe I love coffee too. I use that pic because I make a lot of short run labels for coffee shops

What do you want to know? I make High quality short run labels for coffee shops, crafters name badges. All high resolution 4800dpi on various substrates

A techie and an artist, that's a good combo. I didn't even make into stick figures, barely passed coloring in lines, lol.

I wish I even had one horse. The avatar is off the web. I lease a grey hanoverian. I would put a pic of him up but he keeps sticking his tongue out at the camera, thinks it's a treat. Big dummy. :roll: DH promised my own horse within the next few years, fingers crossed.

Do you guys trail ride, compete....?

Latest posts

Back