Momma Milk Soap (Yes, BM Soap)(No, not THAT BM)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valor

Reaction score
Hi, Guys,

I did it...I made Breastmilk soap the day before yesterday.

I replaced all of the liquid with milk. First frozen, then I added another 6 oz of thawed milk right before I poured. I didn't heat my solid oils, I just thumped them into the bucket on top of my soft oils and lye solution and mixed them all up with my SB. I left it uninsulated and unmolded it after about 5 hours to help prevent gel. I also split them into 2 batches: one half I left unscented and uncolored, the other half, I scented with baby powder and apple and swirled green. I'm calling it "Baby Blossom". I love how absolutely creamy and lovely they are already. My husband loves them too. I can't wait for them to cure enough to use on my son! I think I will be exploring the world of other milk-soap making.

This first picture is the unscented and uncolored on the soap dish that my husband made for me.

This is the "baby blossom"

Together:

Thanks guys! I am so in love with it. Speaking of it being a gift for my son, he's 7 months old today!! It goes so quickly. I cry with one eye and smile with the other...

My big boy

happy 7 months old to him , we share a birthday :D

I love your soap they look just like you said very creamy .My DIL is having a baby in Sept , I wonder if I would be able borrow a quart of milk as it were.

I should have birthdate , sorry for the confusion .

edited because I messed up :)

Kitn, when is your b-day? Dec. 14th? How cool is that?! I've only met one other person with my b-day. I'll be able to tell him when he gets older that I met someone with his b-day. Happy un-b-day!!

Congrats on the upcoming addition, too! How exciting new babies are!!!

I certainly hope that you can borrow some milk to make some soap, it is wonderful. Especially for that dry baby skin. I made it to help with his mild eczema and I am hoping that it works. He's been a fortunate baby in having very few skin conditions, and I want to keep it that way. That's why I make him soap and I make lotion bars for him and sunblock. Etc.

artisan soaps said:
Aww he is so cute!

I'm so glad someone tried this as I'm sure it makes wonderful soap, and that first pic looks soooo creamy and perfect .. Awesome job :D

Thank you!! I had him sitting across from our 85lb. dog for this picture, who is just as unsure what to do with the baby as the baby is with him. They play peek-a-boo, but rarely get as close as I put them to get the picture of him and they were both a little confused as to what I was doing putting the kid on the floor. LOL, they both gave me the strangest looks. Hence the look on my son's face in the pic.

I've been wanting to try soaping my milk for a while and I've had the milk set aside for it, it just took me this long to find a weekend to do it. I kept ending up with thawed milk in the fridge and it wouldn't get used, so I just figured it would be soap milk. I ended up with quite a bit of milk...a full 16 oz for the soap. I only used about 14 I think.

That is funny valor about the dog and the baby . I wonder if they were both thinking , oh boy can we just go for it and play ? He is a beautiful little boy for sure , love those cheeks :D

kitn

Where did you get your baby powder FO?

Mine turned my beautiful white base (with the FO) with a pink swirl brown. :cry:

Your son is adorable! My daughter is almost 4 months...scary how fast it goes, huh?

Yes, hem06, it is super scary how fast it goes. I can't believe that it's already been this long. :( and :) Congrats on your sweet little girl! Is she your first?

I got the FO from nature's garden, I think. It was either there or Just by Nature. I want to say that it was NG tho, and I am holding my breath hoping that it won't discolor brown. I think that it might. We'll see and I'll post an update if it does.

Latest posts

Back