Moldy soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a picture on the internet is a bit of a rorschach, everyone is going to see something different that may be the item, may be the photo/camera, may be their computer screens...

Adding ingredients like cocoa powder is not the problem. I've done it many times. However, i do think that maybe saran wrap was not the best choice to use as packaging particularly if you were shipping it and was coming from a tropical climate. Mold gros in humidity like wildfire. I live in florida so i don't use plastic wrap. I use moisture absorbent butcher paper. It works really well.

Thanks for the input! Really appreciate it.

My regular bars which are wrapped in shrink bands appear to be just fine (storage conditions are the same) but somehow, the soaps that are completely sealed have this issue.

I've decided to chuck them into tea bags before placing them in cotton fabric bags and see how that would work. Ohlordy, what a nightmare it is curing soap in the tropics. =.=

Back