Milk powders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niecee

Reaction score
I wanted to try making milk soaps but I wanted to try powders I already know the methods to add the milk either as a slush with the lye of just the powder to the oil.

But does it need to be placed in the freezer to stop gel phase also or do I insulate it?

I use powdered goat milk, and I blend it in with my oils before adding the lye liquid.

I usually do insulate to force gel. Then I put it in the freezer for easy mold release (not to stop gel).

I use powdered goat milk, and I blend it in with my oils before adding the lye liquid.

I usually do insulate to force gel. Then I put it in the freezer for easy mold release (not to stop gel).
Can you use regular powdered milk instead of powdered goats milk? Or does regular powdered milk not have the same benefits as goats milk?

After trying many methods multiple times and testing the bars, I've ended up doing it, most of the time, is the way AliOop does it. On occasion I still do Whole milk frozen and not powder but even that I Gel. The only reason I do that is by having people tests the bars, The Whole milk bars were what they wanted (they had no Idea what milk it was at the time). I do have bars that are being tested now. I'll see if this info changes.

I've never seen anything other than cows) skim milk powder where I'm at.

I see no reason why not Todd.
I figured it would be alright and I did it. Everything was going OK until I added my FO. I combined two FO's one I already knew that it did not cause acceleration (smell the rainbow) but the second (jolly rancher cherry) apparently does. I got thick fast and so I had to do a difficult spoon swirl with my 3 colors. I had 30 minutes yesterday to work with on the same recipe as today but that 1 FO changed everything.

Back