Mild eczema bar and Citrus salt.. rainy weekend soaping!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenneelk

Reaction score
Finally have rain here in California and everyone seems to want to be home bound.. good time to soap!
Friday did a citrus EO salt soap that I've done before but ran out of. New colors to match. It's Lime, Pink Grapefruit and Sweet Orange EO.
Weekend did Mild Bastille recipe with Neem at trace and used my calendula and chamomile infused OO. Small bit of lemongrass to mask the scent more. Colored with small mini batch I made with last of my green Kelp infusion oil.
Color bars are samples of mica's I got and tested out. What a pain. lol

photo 101.JPG

photo 100.JPG

Oh wow those red hearts really did fade. That is a truly lovely soap pile!

Which ones are your salt bars? The pastel swirly ones in the first photo? I didn't know you could put swirls like that in a salt bar!
Is the green in the bottom two toned bars the kelp infusion? Its a super pretty green.

Yes the top is salt.. It's 77% CO and 75% salt (dendritic and sea).
I like to play Picasso with trays and soap cool. I drop colors all over the place super fast with no rhyme or reason and swirl swirl swirl. I don't put all the soap at first. Just enough to cover the tray since that's what you'll see. Then I go back and fil it. Allows you to finish the swirls fast.
And yes the others are the kelp.. Small and concentrated.

Yes the top is salt.. It's 77% CO and 75% salt (dendritic and sea).
I like to play Picasso with trays and soap cool. I drop colors all over the place super fast with no rhyme or reason and swirl swirl swirl. I don't put all the soap at first. Just enough to cover the tray since that's what you'll see. Then I go back and fil it. Allows you to finish the swirls fast.
And yes the others are the kelp.. Small and concentrated.

That's a great idea! Good way to get swirls in your salt bars before they harden up.

Latest posts

Back