Memorial Week-End CP Heart Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look great! HOw did you get them to unmold so well? I have NEVER had luck with using fancy molds for my CP... :cry:

Lane said:
They look great! HOw did you get them to unmold so well? I have NEVER had luck with using fancy molds for my CP... :cry:

tvilello said:
What beautiful soaps and colors! What colorants did you use?

Thanks for the compliments!! :D

Here's how I did them. I don't prep the molds, just pour into them. I let them dry in the molds for several days - until I can see the soap beginning to pull away from the sides of the molds & I don't leave a finger print when pressed. Then, I put them in the freezer for about 1/2 hr. Once out of the freezer, I float the mold on hot water for a minute or so. Finally, turn the mold over & shake a bit. If they stick, back into the freezer.

They key is to let them harden & then get them cold enough. Also, I had better results if I filled the mold just a little below the top of the mold. Over-filled cavities were a real pain to get out.

I accidentally left my tester mold in the freezer overnight. The soap just slipped right out of it. After it thawed, it was fine & still smelled as good as the others. I wouldn't let them freeze, though, 'cause as the bar warmed to room temp, it sweated like crazy!!

For colorants I used ultramarines. The OM&H bars don't have any added colorant except for a sprinkle of nutmeg in the mold before pouring. The color is from the additives. I added colloidal oatmeal, coconut powder & honey powder at trace. This week they are a bit darker & looking even more like oatmeal with honey. I'm thinking the OM&H FO will cause them to turn darker as they cure. I just don't know how dark they'll get.

coral said:
They look lovely and would make a wonderful gift. :p

I sold some, & my customer says they're sitting in her bathroom, because they're so pretty. I hoe she actually uses them!!

I think the origami boxes I'm selling them in make them ready for gift-giving - just attach a bow to the top, or tie with a ribbon. Hope my customers see it that way, too.

Thanks for the compliment! :D

Memorial Weekend- CP heart soaps

Wow! These soaps are very elegant and I bet they make a wonderful presentation in those boxes. I have some individual molds that I have used for M&P and I did not realize that I could pour CP into them. You did not prep them? Do you mean that you did not oil them? Also, did you gel or did the soaps try to gel? Did you cover them up with a towel or something or did they just set up as is? Sorry for all the questions...but I am inspired to use my little molds now and was wondering....
thanks for sharing these with us.

Re: Memorial Weekend- CP heart soaps

reallyrita said:
Wow! These soaps are very elegant and I bet they make a wonderful presentation in those boxes. I have some individual molds that I have used for M&P and I did not realize that I could pour CP into them. You did not prep them? Do you mean that you did not oil them? Also, did you gel or did the soaps try to gel? Did you cover them up with a towel or something or did they just set up as is? Sorry for all the questions...but I am inspired to use my little molds now and was wondering....
thanks for sharing these with us.

:lol: I don't mind the questions at all. Nope, I didn't oil the molds, just poured into them. I covered them with plastic wrap, then with a blanket. They did go through gel. I had a bit left over for a tester, so I left the testers out & they did not gel. It was a good way to see the difference in gelled soap & non-gelled. The gelled have a translucent quality to them while the non-gelled ones are very opaque.

I only use the white Milky Way molds that are very rigid. I'm sure the clear molds would warp & maybe even melt.

HTH

Memorial Weekend- CP heart soaps

Thanks for getting back to me on this! I do have a few of those rigid milky way molds Can't wait to try it out!!

Latest posts

Back