Melting Palm Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianne70

Reaction score
Hi everyone
So...I have melted my 15 kg of palm oil, stirred and stirred and put back into a big empty drum (that originally had coconut oil in it).
Now my question is...do I keep stirring until it solidifies again? Really want to see if this gets rid of my crackling problem.
Thankyou :)

I only stirred mine once or twice when it was fluid enough. If you are worried about it settling take enough out for several batches and put it in a small container. That way you can stir it each time before using.

What Lsg said.

I pour mine off in 1 pound containers. If you do a standard recipe, you could weigh out your palm by appropriate increments and be good to go.

Thanks guys...put about 5 kg in a separate bucket...have stirred both every half hour until they have solidified.....will have to wait and see if it works.....I hope so! :)

Where do you get your palm Dianne ? I've never had trouble with my 15 kg box of oil. I just dig some out and when I melt it I give it a good stir before I add to the rest of the oils.

I get it from escentials of australia....maybe I am just not stirring it enough after I melt it...I don't know :) The last couple of batches that have the crackling going on, have not had too much TD in them...have cut down on it since the first real bad episode!! Hopefully this will help a little :)

Latest posts

Back