melt and pour mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santimar

Reaction score
Hi, I want to buy this mold for a special order, each sea shell measure approx 2 1/2-3 1/2 x 1 1/8- 1 1/4 and have 5 cavities how much melt and pour soap base will hold this mold, how do I can calculate it?
Please help!!!!!

376228_1.jpg

That's too bad :D

Dorado's way is the perfect solution!

But, if you do the following math, it will give you an approx.

Length x width x depth = volume in cubic inches
so :

2 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 1 1/8 *) = 2.5 x 3.5 x 1.125 = 9.85 in3

*): it is best to take the smallest depth, because the forms are not square.

1 Gallon [Fluid, US] = 231 Cubic Inches

The party is yours from here on, because I've grown up with the metric system :D
Well ok, Ill do my best: ;)

In cm and millilitres it would be

6,4 x 8.9 x 2.9 cm = 165,184 cm3 = 165,184 ml = 5.58 oz liquid US

all those conversions make it less precise; it will be between 5.4 and 5.6 fluid oz.

Last edited:
I have this same mold, I can see if I can weigh it for you..... However, I don't have a digital kitchen scale but I have the bathroom scale so I will try it out and let you know! !!!!

This mold is really good! !!! I have gifted a lot many soaps made from this mold and every one LOVES them!!!!!

Just for your reference, I can post a couple of pictures of the soap made from that mold too :)

Hey Santimar,

I am so sorry I couldn't get the weight of the soap. .... but here are the pictures of the soap I had made from the mold. For the blue one I added a little shimmer and it looks very pretty! For the other one I added a little bit of brown to just give it a tinge.....

1405523288917.jpg

1405523301378.jpg

Sorry, I could not get the weight but you are welcome anytime! !!!!

Latest posts

Back