Medusa Soap Emporium

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praecordia

Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is Alma, im new here. :) Ive been making soap for a few months now and just opened my etsy store the other day. I wanted to know what everyone thought. Its my first online store. :) im excited and nervous. :-D

etsy.com/shop/medusasoapemporium

Clean looking, love the back ground for the pics.

Biggest issue is the lack of pictures of the soap itself - in the packaging, sure, but none of what is inside the box.

For the text and 'feel' of the store, can you say who your target market is?

Thanks :) and theres pictures of naked soap too you just hit the arrow to scroll through them.

As for market target, not sure everyone. I wanted the packaging to be different and a little creepy.

I wouldn't buy soap if I didn't know even what kind of soap it is. Is it M&P? CP? Ingredients? And definitely pics of the unwrapped soap that you can easily see without scrolling. There's a ton of competition on Etsy, and now that your shop is live I would IMMEDIATELY include more complete information. That first impression is really important - if a site doesn't give me info I need, I'm not likely to return. Maybe retake your pics showing both naked and wrapped on the same surface?

Or maybe i should just switch the order of the soap to show naked first? I do have all the ingredients listed under each soap bar. Hmm so many choices! :)

Your packaging is cute, but yes, like others, I also am more concerned with the appearance of the soap itself rather than the wrapping. I would make the naked soap easier to see.

I would also change your ingredients listing to conform to standard practice which is greatest to least amounts. You have vitamin E preceding lye which precedes water and I can't imagine that's correct. This will make your site look more professional

You can rearrange the photos by editing the listing. I would put the pictures of the naked soap first, packaging second and so on. Also, a little tip. When using your keywords on the listing, use all of themp and try and put a couple words into one keyword (ex: White Soap) would fit into one keyword space, and you have gotten two keywords in. It's more important on etsy than you think. If you need additional help, definitely go to the etsy discussions and ask for it. :)

Latest posts

Back