Mechanics / Dirty Worker Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprilhwth

Reaction score
First off, I am not asking for anyone's recipe, just a little guidance. I am working on an exfoliating soap good for mechanics/gardeners/artists/etc. I know I want to use activated charcoal or bamboo charcoal (is there a difference). I also want to use pumice and coffee grounds. I have found various recipes for each of those soaps. My question is, when I combine them, should I lower the amount of each ingredient? Or would you suggest adding them all at the same rate?

If you are wanting to use both then they should be equal amounts. This is a bit of something you will need to experiment with until you find the feel you like...

Other possibilities are poppy seeds, mustard seeds, jojoba beads, and well just so many more things too....

I just added 1/2 cup of pumice to my standard soap recipe, didn't change a thing. Came out great.

My recipe calls for 1/8 ground finely ground coffee and 1 tsp pumice per pound of oils. I would add no more than 1 good tsp of activated charcoal per pound of oils. As Lindy says, experiment with small batches.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back