Massage Candles for Valentines?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsoap

Reaction score
I thought I would make up about a dozen soy massage candles for Valentines day. Any one got some scent suggestions? Maybe sentual sandlewood and lovespell?

remember that you need to use only the amount of FO recommended for a leave-on product (and an FO approved for such). so it won't have much scent when burning.

don't know what scent, tho. something relaxing, I'd say.

have you made them before?

just curious...what is a massage candle? do you "massage" with the candle?? or is it just an ambience kind of thing?

You use the melted candle wax as your lube instead of massage oil.

I wouls be fearful of the 'liability' issue on that product.

lol woooow...

Yeah I def would be afraid to try that..but could you use a wax with a low melt point...would it burn as bad? I mean regardless its still hot wax dripping on me ...

I don't market them as lube, just warm massage oil to start the night off. I add butters in mine as well, and have skin safe soy. Had the recipe shared with me by someone that sells them to passion parties.
Now all I need to do if figure out scents.

sounds like you have it figured out. great! (and that you have a really nice friend - I dabbled but never got far)

remember to keep your fragrance levels down at the level approved for leave on products.

and be sure to ask me for my address LOL

Ian - you light the candle to melt the "wax", then blow it out and pour the melted stuff into your hand and then apply as a massage oil.

yes, it does sound like liability in a bottle. but they are quite popular.

Strawberries & Champagne or Red Hot Cinnamon would be my 1st thouhgt for scents.

Can flavor oil be used instead of fragrance oil? I never made them, but looked them up a few times... maybe I'll try for v-day, too. The ingredients are all in a tote waiting for an idea lol.

I've bought them in the past - you can't really keep them lit for ambience (I don't think). For one, it will melt too fast. Two - the fragrance from the whole candle melting at once can really take your breath away.

Latest posts

Back