Mango Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semplice

Reaction score
I knew I wanted to soap today, I just didn't know what recipe I wanted to use. I found the recipe below on Apples, Woods and Berries, and replaced the water with goat's milk. I used a Passion Fruit fragrance oil that I got from a local supplier (it smells SO FREEKIN' GOOD!), and I can't wait to see how this turns out. I tried to go for purple and orange, but the orange isn't as bright as I would like. I mixed red and yellow oxides together. It would probably look better with a neon orange (don't have any). It's currently in the fridge, so I guess I'll take it out tomorrow afternoon and check it out!

Castor Oil 7 %

Shea Butter 10 %

Mango Butter 20%

Coconut Oil ( 76 degrees) 21 %

Olive Oil 8%

Palm Oil 34 %

INS 160

Hardness 50

Cleansing 14

Conditioning 48

Bubbly & Creamy Lather 63

Iodine 48

mango-1.jpg

Mmm I love passion fruit scents! I've been looking for a good one, does your supplier sell online?

You know how it is. In my mind I pictured something totally different! :lol: I did a side-by-side pour, so I'm hoping I'll get some swirls instead of two blocks of color. :lol:

rileylite said:
Mmm I love passion fruit scents! I've been looking for a good one, does your supplier sell online?

Yes they do!

http://store.southwestcandlesupply.com/ ... fruit.html

I hate to say it because I'm a die-hard WSP fan when it comes to fragrances, but I actually like some of Southwest's better than WSP! The Cool Water, Black Raspberry Vanilla and Japanese Cherry Blossom smell more like the originals than WSP's versions (and they're less expensive.)

semplice said:
You know how it is. In my mind I pictured something totally different! :lol: I did a side-by-side pour, so I'm hoping I'll get some swirls instead of two blocks of color. :lol:

Yup! I know exactly what you mean. I envision the result in my mind and then I'm sooo disappointed when I don't achieve it. Generally, I get over my disappointment in a week or so and think "I guess the soap isn't too bad". :lol:

I'm sure this will be a perfectly usable loaf, but I'm not happy at all with how this looks unmolded. The orange completely took over, and the purple morphed to brown (the second time that has happened to me). I thought since I didn't gel this the color would stay true, but it didn't.

004-1.jpg

I actually really like it!

It looks like it would have a cream-sicle kind of smell. But it also looks very natural which people usually can't pull off with orange, but yours looks great!

semplice said:
It's currently in the fridge, so I guess I'll take it out tomorrow afternoon and check it out!

Why do you put the soap in the fridge? I am guessing it's to control temperature but I have never heard of this before.

I took a look this morning and it's all orange. :lol: I only used 1/2 tsp PPO. Curious.

I like how it looks. just a question on your recipe. Have you made it a lot? i have never used one with that high of palm oil before. How does it preform? Drying? What was your superfat?

I've never made the recipe before so I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. Something told me to go with a plain goat's milk soap, but I just had to switch it up!

Cute! If you want a purple that doesn't morph I'd recommend the purple from the conservatories happy hour Micas. I've used it a few times with no problems =)

HutCar92 said:
Cute! If you want a purple that doesn't morph I'd recommend the purple from the conservatories happy hour Micas. I've used it a few times with no problems =)

THANK YOU!! I will definitely give that a try!

Robbiegurl, I put it in the refrigerator to prevent it from gelling. Since I used goat's milk, which is known to overheat (so I've heard since this was my first time using it), I kept it cool so I didn't experience the "volcano" effect. It takes longer to saponify and harden that way, but the method does work. I refrigerated an OMH batch that looks lovely after almost 3 weeks of curing.

Oooo, I think it looks really cool, kinda rustic. I know what you mean about envisioning something else though. I bet it smells wonderful!

Latest posts

Back