Making my first cold process soap batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sage powder,sandalwood powder and powdered palo santo in soap anyone try this?
This is just a small suggestion: when you have a new question and haven't found an answer through searching, start a new thread. By now, the only people reading this are those of us who participated in this conversation. It will reach a wider audience if you start a new one.

I don't know about Palo Santo, but sage powder and sandalwood powder have been used by someone here. I'm sure they would turn up in a search.

I just did one where I mixed by hand for 35 minutes before I gave up and went with the the stick blender. I wanted to see if it was worth it to not need to wash the stick blender. It wasn't.
I did just to see if I could make do without a stick blender but I can't after I was in a car crash 2 years go this month I have been unable to switch whisking between my right and left hand as I now have arthritis in my left hand due to the crash.

No claims can be made. Even listing what they may be good for isn’t allowed. Read Marie Gales book on labeling. Very informative. Though there are many who still makes claims, either because they don’t know or don’t care. I se it all the time

I'm getting some non-soap cosmetic products ready to sell in the EU and all claims need some evidential basis.

These are cosmetic claims I am speaking about. Like deodorising or sun protection or reducing appearance of wrinkles.

Regulation 1223/2009 formally defines a cosmetic product:

" ‘cosmetic product’ means any substance or mixture intended to be placed in contact with the external parts of the human body (epidermis, hair system, nails, lips and external genital organs) or with the teeth and the mucous membranes of the oral cavity with a view exclusively or mainly to cleaning them, perfuming them, changing their appearance, protecting them, keeping them in good condition or correcting body odours;"

If you are making a claim which isn't covered by that definition then you aren't selling a cosmetic but something else, possibly a medicine. Then other regulations will apply.

Back