Made grapefruit soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pug Mom

Reaction score
I made some grapefruit soap over the weekend... I even put some zest from the rind of a grapefruit in it. It came out pretty, and right now smells yummy....but I am afraid as it cures the lye will eat away at the grapefruit EO.... I will have to post pictures. It only partially gelled, but I still think it is pretty...

Made grapefruit soap

EO enthusiasts will surely weigh in here, but I have been doing some research into them as I want to start using more of them in my soaps. I am so addicted to my FOs, but I want to try fragrancing with the naturals a bit more. I am sure I have read in more than one place that grapefruit EO does stick way better than the orange or lemon ones. Also, I think that adding the peel will help anchor it too. I made a soap over a year ago and added dried orange peel for exfoliating. I don't think I used enough because it was not exfoliating enough...but WOW...did that scent ever stick. Of course, it was one that I rather wished had faded away but it is still strong after such a long time. Even the bar that I still have sitting out in the bathroom. So, I think you will be ok. If the lye is going to eat it that will probably happen in the gel stage and very early cure. Good luck.
rita

Pics soon please, Pug Mom! Grapefruit soap sounds lovely! I have a pink grapefruit EO which I have used in soap but only in combination with other EOs - so far I can still smell them all in there....

Tanya :)

Latest posts

Back