M&P - Color Bleed

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

sbmurphy1

Reaction score
HELP! I have been making soap for about a year now and I've found many helpful hints and tricks, but I have one BIG problem that I can't find a solution for. Whenever I use red or fuscia colorant, I cannot seem to control a bleed that happens over time if I use it next to a lighter color layer of soap. I am now using non-bleeding colors, but the result is the same. All hints appreciated.

FGOriold

Reaction score
Well, my only suggestion would have been to use the colorants that specifically say they are non-bleeding, but it appears you have tried that. I have never had the issue of bleeding when using non-bleeding colors, so I am not sure what to tell you. What colorants are you using?

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is to pour a thin layer of clear between the red and the other colors. It still may bleed, but maybe it won't migrate into the other color.

Sheila Pullar

Reaction score
I agree with you Isa! that is what I do to stop the colours bleeding it defiantly works for me x

sbmurphy1

Reaction score
Thanks Sheila! It seems like using non-bleeding colors should have been the answer, but it just doesn't work if I use red or fuscia. :-( Others have suggested I use a thin layer of clear in between so I'm going to try that now.

sbmurphy1

Reaction score
Thanks! That sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna try it today and will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts